John Fisher Public School is the oldest elementary school in the Toronto District School Board.
Opened in 1816, its original home was a log cabin in what is now North Toronto, but used to be known as the village of Eglinton. It was called the Eglinton School at the time. Its current building was erected in 1887. It was renamed John Fisher Public School in 1915, in honour of the first mayor of North Toronto who also happened to be the architect of the building. The school building is now listed as a historic site.